Saturday, February 16, 2008

D R E A M S


What are dreams? Why people dream? What happens when people dream? Scientists and experts have been studying dreams for a long time, yet they have not come up with a good explanation.

The problem that scientists and experts have that dreams are abstract. They can not open a dream and study it. What is more, dreams happen when people are unconsciousness. So, they can not tell the experts what really happens when they are asleep. However, experts have done a great job so far about dreams.

The only thing that people know about dreams that dreaming make them feel that they are in another word. That is the good part about dreaming. People could imagine and do crazy things in their dreams that they can not do in the real life like jumping from a high building or stealing an expensive car. Sometimes, dreams, on the other hand, may cause some uncomfortable feelings. This happen when people dream about terrible memories that they have tried to forget or even bad events. What ever the dreams are, they only represent the deep feelings that people have.

One of the unforgotten dreams that I had was when I was ten years old. I dreamed that my life is a long dream and I should not worry about my life any more. In another word, I could do whatever I want in my life unless I wake up from this long dream. Unfortunately, I believed that the dream is real. So, I did every prohibited thing I could do. I did not care about my mother yelling or pay attention to my father anger. I knew it is just a dream and I will wake up one day and everything will be ok again. It seems that this day dreaming condition was triggered by some dissatisfaction to my life, where in my childish mind I wanted to have a life of fantasy.

So, dreams only express what people think and hope for; things that they look to and lack in their reality. They connect and link people to another realm of reality, a place with no boundaries or limits. In spite of all the scientists' exploration and philosophers efforts to reach a rational explanation, dreams just seems beyond human comprehension.

6 comments:

Amin said...

I ah happy you liked that video. It is not only about girls, it is true for most of us. by the way, nice blog, take care.

Scott Douglas said...

That was a really interesting analysis of dreams!

Oksana said...

Hi! Really interesting blog!
...YTo be honest, when I think about something or somebody before going to bed, I will see that in my dreams for sure... So, I can manipulate my dreams... :)
Have a good time!

Nahid said...

Dear Duaa,
Thank you for your kind words.
I feel better, Thanks God. . . Yeah I miss the class.

Good Luck :)

We will,we will rock U!! said...

haha...
Dream a dream, every day has a dream ..

Metalmaster said...

good post=)
+1
Dreams are definetely related to another worlds.
If you want, you can read my new post about dreams)))